Meet Dr. Bascharon
Dr. Randa Bascharon is a board certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery. She has a multidisciplinary approach to sports science and she is interested in women’s health issues. Dr. Bascharon founded The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute of Las Vegas in 2007.
Dr. Bascharon is the founder and president of The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute of Las Vegas. She has a vast sports performance experience and has worked with professional, elite and amateur athletes. She works with all ages and athletic levels to improve their competitive edge, and reach a higher level of physical fitness through individualized tailored programs based on a comprehensive evaluation to attain one’s goals. Her unique method is to use cutting edge scientific sports medicine research and technology to enhance performance, promote superiority in mental toughness, physical conditioning and injury prevention/rehabilitation.
Active in the southern Nevada sporting community, she currently donates her time by serving as the ring side physician for mixed martial arts (MMA), and boxing. She is the official team physician for the Las Vegas Show Girlz, a professional women’s football team, in addition to being the team physician for High School and Club Sports.
She has had the honor of winning the Patient’s Choice Award since 2008. More than 800,000 patients’ reviews and ratings were gathered, and this top rating has only been awarded to a few of the nation’s doctors. Her patients have taken the time to award her for her bedside manner, the amount of time she spends with them, and the courtesy of her staff, and appropriate follow up.
She is the recipient of numerous honors such as: Excellence in Hand Research from the American Osteopathic Orthopedic Academy in 2003; Doctor of the Year from Barton Memorial Hospital in South Lake Tahoe, California in 2005; The American Legion Good Citizenship Award for her work in the community and The Las Vegas Business Press Rising Stars Award in 2007.
- Medical: Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- Orthopedic Emphasis Rotating Internship: Doctor’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: Barton Memorial, Lake Tahoe, CA
- American Osteopathic Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Mountain View Hospital
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Dignity Health Hospitals – Rose de Lima Campus
- Dignity Health Hospitals – San Martín Campus
- Dignity Health Hospitals – Siena Campus
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Valley Hospital
Randa Bascharon, DO
Dr. Randa Bascharon is a board certified and fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery.
- Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine
- Sports Performance Specialist
- Board Certified Athletic Trainer
Read more about Dr. Bascharon’s Sports Medicine Experience »