Randa Bascharon, DO
Board-certified orthopedic surgeon focused on improving your quality of life.
Randa Bascharon, DO is a board-certified surgeon and seven-time Patient’s Choice Award winner specializing in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery. As founder and president of the Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute of Las Vegas, she has accrued vast experience in sports performance and has worked with Olympic, professional, elite and amateur athletes to help them reach their full potential. She also donates her time by serving as the official team physician for several Southern Nevada youth sports. Using her years of experience in sports medicine, she provides leading-edge orthopedic and sports medical services with compassion, integrity and pride.
Dr. Bascharon is recognized locally in the Las Vegas area and nationally for her expertise in orthopedics and sports medicine. Her unique method combines leading-edge techniques, scientific sports medicine research and state-of-the-art technology to enhance the performance, mental toughness, physical conditioning and injury prevention techniques for each person in her care.
Dr. Bascharon is a member of the American Association of Professional Ringside Physicians and has served ringside for clients that include ONE Fighting Championship, Tuff-N-Uff, USA Boxing, United States Mixed Martial Arts Federation and the National Muay Thai Association. She was the lead doctor for the 2014, 2015 and 2016 IMMAF World Championships in Las Vegas. Dr. Bascharon’s sports-related medical experience also includes work with the USA Olympic Track and Field Trials, USA Olympic Women’s Basketball Selection Camp, USA Olympic Men’s Gymnastic National Championship, US Figure Skating Championship, All Star NBA Basketball Week, the Women’s Tennis Association, US Open Golf Tournament, National Basketball Association Pre-Draft Camp and the National Hockey League Summer Tournament.
Dr. Bascharon is known for her exemplary bedside manner, the amount of time she spends with each patient, the courtesy of her staff, and her conscientious follow-up.
- Medical: Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- Orthopedic Emphasis Rotating Internship: Doctor’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: Barton Memorial, Lake Tahoe, CA
- American Osteopathic Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Mountain View Hospital
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Dignity Health Hospitals – Rose de Lima Campus
- Dignity Health Hospitals – San Martín Campus
- Dignity Health Hospitals – Siena Campus
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Valley Hospital
- Standing at the Forefront of Women’s Health Care
- Vegas’ Own Wonder Women
- Women of Distinction 2008
- How to Keep Your Kids Physically Healthy this Winter Season
- Straight Talk from a Female Jock Doc
- Building Blocks to Better Bones
- College Athletes at Higher Risk for Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Meet the Neighbor: Dr. Randa Bascharon