Relieve Your Pain with Highly Skilled and Compassionate Orthopedic Care.
The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute of Las Vegas is ready to help heal your pain or injury so you can get back to enjoying your life. We’ll work closely with you to ensure you achieve your specific goals for both short-term healing and long-term health.
Orthopedics is a medical specialty focusing on treating deformities, injury and other problems of the bones, muscles and ligaments.
When you need orthopedic surgery, Dr. Randa Bascharon will meet with you during an initial consultation to identify the specific issues or problems you are having and develop a treatment plan to correct them.
Whether you are an Olympic athlete, someone who performs regular physical tasks, has suffered a fall, or is experiencing the effects of normal wear and tear, Dr. Bascharon and her team can help.
Common orthopedic injuries and Dr. Bascharon’s approach to healing
- Broken bones and fractures
- There are 206 bones in the human body, but when one of them breaks or fractures it’s the only one you can think about. Dr. Bascharon is dedicated to healing your break or fracture with the utmost care. After careful assessment, she will carefully and skillfully reset your bone into the correct position and apply a splint or cast. Next, she will check your healing progress and remove the cast once the bone is completely healed. Depending on the location or severity of the break or fracture, Dr. Bascharon may recommend physical therapy to rebuild strength and mobility.
- ACL injuries
- The ACL, or anterior cruciate ligament, is crucial to stabilizing your knee. Many athletes are most susceptible to ACL tears but anyone can suffer from this serious and often times painful injury due to impact, incorrect twisting or movement during physical activity. During surgery, Dr. Bascharon will reconstruct the ACL ligament by using a graft from another part of your body, like a tendon or hamstring. She is dedicated to performing the most minimally invasive surgery possible to heal your ACL injury or tear, so you can recover quickly and get back to what you do best.
When it comes to your body, your shoulder and knee joints do a lot of the heavy lifting, so it’s no wonder that some people experience problems at least once in their lifetimes.
Some of the most common ailments and injuries to the shoulder joint include the following:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder bursitis
- Shoulder tendinitis
- Rotator cuff and biceps tendon tears
- Shoulder arthritis
- Shoulder and collar bone fractures and breaks
Some of the most common ailments and injuries to the knee joint include the following:
- Meniscal tears
- ACL injuries
- PCL injuries
- Tendon tears
- Knee arthritis
- Fractures and breaks in your knees.
Of course, no one person is the same, and each injury affects everyone differently, so you’ll get personal care and attention with us. If you’re feeling pain and discomfort, make an appointment with Dr. Bascharon today because the earlier we catch the problem, the quicker you’ll get back to living your best life!
Learn About Our Specializations
When you’re in pain, you need a surgeon who will go the extra mile for you and sit in your corner from the first appointment all the way through to recovery. Dr. Bascharon is not only a skilled orthopedic surgeon, she is consistently recognized for her exemplary bedside manner, and the time and consideration given to each patient. So, when you’re selecting a surgeon to help you relieve pain from an injury or other problems with your bones, muscles or ligaments, trust Dr. Bascharon to help you get back to enjoying life.
Contact Dr. Bascharon today with our easy online form. If you prefer to call, we are available M-F from 8:00am-4:00pm at 702-903-2082.